Gil Teixeira Lopes was born in Bragança in 1936. Commander of the Order of Infante D. Henrique. Honorary Member of the National Academy of Fine Arts. Gold Medal of the cities of Genoa (Italy) and Mirandela (Portugal). From 1947 to 1955 was artistic training at Casa Pia de Lisboa and from 1955 to 1960, at the School of Fine Arts. From 1960 to 1995 he served as Professor at the School of Fine Arts of Lisbon and Professor at the School of Fine Arts.